We Are Seeking
- Articles 10-50 pages in length with a business nexus
- Authors interested in an expertly edited and speedy publication process
- Articles with at least one author who has a JD or advanced law degree from a law school located in the United States
- Support both in Bluebooking and footnote creation
- Research assistance
- A tailored plan to disperse your article to a broad audience
- Publication on LexisNexis, WestLaw, HeinOnline, and SSRN
Our Authors Will
- Be featured on a global stage
- Participate in the Washington College of Law’s world-renown knowledge consortium with 20 initiatives and programs, and five top-10 ranked legal specialties.
- Enjoy a sterling-quality and collaborative editorial process
Form and Format of Submissions –
Articles should be submitted in .doc, .docx, or .pdf formats and should contain footnotes (rather than endnotes) that provide substantial support for the text. Typically, our published pieces do not exceed 25,000 words or 300 footnotes, but exceptions can be made.
We prefer direct electronic submissions of articles and essays by email to the Senior Articles Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Authors should include an abstract, CV, and cover letter. We also accept submissions via ExpressO and/or Scholastica.
If the submission is an expedited request, please indicate that in the subject heading of the email and we will respond accordingly.
We try to confirm by e-mail all direct submissions but regret the inability to respond directly to each ExpressO and Scholastica submission.
Timing of Submission –
The American University Business Law Review will publish three to four issues each academic school year. We receive and review submissions on a rolling basis.
Please direct questions and submissions to Amy D’Avella, Senior Articles Editor, at email@example.com.